Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ready, Set Go!

Starting at the very beginning is not an option.  I'm now 29 years old.  It is the first day of 2009.  The insights I've been able to offer in my life are numerous but unless the surface layer of who I am aligns with those core principles, how can my understanding of the world be trusted.  

Thus this seems like an appropriate time to begin some chronicles.  Poised on the threshold of massive positive change it should become very apparent quickly whether the resources I've channeled lead to the results that are universally accepted as success.

In my life the categories for success include: emotional, spiritual, financial, social and physical.  The first two are challenging to measure but often are the undercurrent of success in the last 3 categories. In fact, the last 3 categories have very simple socially acceptable standards for measurement.  (Note:  My only competition in life is myself and although there are metrics by which society judges excellence, I'm here to the best person I can be and act as a lighthouse for inspiration to all I know.)  Although my criteria for excellence is much more complicated than these 3 buckets, it serves our purpose as one means for measuring progress.

If this was a proper experiment I would mark my current status in those categories.  This might include a financial statement, a summary of my current social life and photos of my current physical size with measurement.  This seems a bit like being put under the microscope.  Instead I will reference changes and growth in comparison with any previous state.

This first blog is very general as it means to just provide a basic context for which the resources I mention and the adventures that I experience.  One thing is for certain that 2009 will be the best year ever, holding myself to higher standards and living every moment to its fullest.  Life is a gift and it is my responsibility not to squander the beauty that is easily accessible.  To do this take focused steps and find mentors in all categories who have achieved goals that I too seek.  As I learn from experts I will begin to gain insights through personal experience.  I want to share these as a means for others to live life with the same enthusiasm, passion and love that I've begun to more fully understand.  The joy and potential that we all have is unlimited and I plan to be one of the many amazing people I've met or learned from who devote their life to make the world a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment